portrait photographer Atlanta
Mike Moreland has a driving passion to capture dramatic images that show a myriad of emotions. Shooting from locations throughout the country, Mike’s trademark passion is working with people, architecture, resorts, and various commercial and industrial clients. Mike believes in exceptional personalized attention with clients who love photography. His creative, unique and highly experienced eyes capture moments that the average person overlooks. Mike takes pride in offering his clients unique images. It’s one thing to take a picture, it’s another to create a work of art. Mike believes in the power of wall art, canvas portraits, and boutique albums to highlight the moments captured during a session.
Mike Moreland has been a photographer for over 30 years. Born and raised in Atlanta, Mike left the South to attend the world renowned Brooks Institute of Photography. Mike got involved in the Commercial Photography field, where he mastered the art of Advertising Photography for over 15 years. Specializing in fashion, architecture, and advertising he appeared in many publications including Woman’s World, McGraw-Hill Publications, Red Book, and the Meredith Corporations (Better Homes & Gardens Magazine). Needing a new challenge, Mike directed his talent towards photographing portraits. There a new passion was born. Mike is anything but your typical Portrait Photographer. His portrait work has been published in hundreds of national magazines and books including The Atlantan, Jezebel, and Occasions Magazine. Rangefinder Magazine claimed Mike as “one of the top photographers in the country!” He has been presented by the Association of Certified Professional Wedding Consultants with the Professional’s Choice Award Atlanta. Mike has also been named the 2010, 2011, 2014 Allie Award Winner for the Best Event Photographer.
Mike’s newest passion is sharing his knowledge with others. He loves teaching customized photography workshops and classes. He strongly believes in personal investment. If you are passionate about photography, taking a class with Mike Moreland is a great place to start. He knows all the rules, techniques, and tricks to driving your photography skills to the next level! Whether you’re a beginner, or a professional Mike works with all levels of students teaching the ways of family portraits, high school seniors, weddings, maternity shoots, newborns, boudoir, and everything commercial.
Portrait Photographer Atlanta | Atlanta Portrait Photography | Portrait Photography | Atlanta Photographer
Our Photography Style
Mike Moreland and his team of professionals always strive to bring and emotional and personified style to our portraits. Although Mike and his team love to photograph in outdoor surroundings using natural light, his commercial advertising background equips him with the knowledge to photograph in all conditions- indoor and outdoor, with natural lighting and studio off camera lighting, in full sun and in low light.
At Moreland Photography, we customize the direction of photography towards each client’s specific desires. Whether clients are looking for a classic studio portrait, a portrait that captures a moment or a timeless black and white art piece, Mike and his team will understand exactly what your goals are and provide you with superior quality photography and products. Because Mike is familiar with many beautiful and uncharted locations around North Georgia, his works offers a broader variety over other local photographers.
We believe in quality images, that’s why when we go on site with a client, we become story tellers. With you in mind, we use our cameras to take photographs that tell a story. Our images describe who you are, how your family interacts naturally. We offer studio and on location portraits.
What makes us different?
- Our Team- Our team is not a one man show. When you book us, you have photography trained and educated studio managers, editors, portrait artists and designers on your side. We also have long-term relationships with the best album and print labs in the country. We are constantly helping each other provide the best service and products for our clients.
- Our Studio- While we can go anywhere on location for sessions, we also have the luxury of a studio. We have a beautiful client area where we meet with you before and after your portraits have been taken. We have the latest products from canvas portraits to painted art pieces to custom coffee table albums. Not located in a strip mall, we have 4 acres of property with loads of scenic areas including a barn, boulders, swings and more that we love to photograph on, as well as a fully equipped lighting studio. One of the great things about having our own studio is the luxury of privacy that it provides for our clients, we won’t be competing with other local photographers for the best location, it’s right in our backyard!
- Our Passion- We want you to love your portraits. We want your session to turn into memories you’ll look back on. We provide a pre-shoot consultation either in person or over the phone to discover who you are and what your goals are for your session. We’ll help you find clothing inspiration, and plan for the best shoot possible. These are your kids, your pets, and families, it’s time the photographs represent you!
- Our Education- Our team members have had years of technical training. When you combine that with years of creative experience you receive the best possible experience for ready professionals who love their job. We went to school for this, we love to produce and capture moments that you hang on your walls and put in a coffee table book to look back on.
- Our Custom Options- No two families are the same, so why use a cookie cutter photographer? We provide custom sessions and products. We do not use templates, everything we design is customized, retouched and enhances to deliver the highest quality products for our clients.
All bookings come with a free consultation either at the studio or over the phone. At the consultation we’ll discuss your goals, where you plan to hang your wall portraits, if you want to also shoot for a book so we can tell a story, we will discuss clothing in much detail, if you want us to arrange a hair and make-up artist, we will discuss locations, ! We’re all about providing an experience of a lifetime and we believe that starts way before our photography session. We will also discuss the style of photography, and will give you a detailed printed portrait guide the has many tips for a great shoot and how to get the most out of our time together .
Unveiling your images
After all of your photos have been edited, we will meet at our studio and present your images in a way only a boutique studio can. First we’ll view your personalized slideshow on our 100” theater screen. You can see and touch all of the products we offer and we’ll be right there to guide you through completing your ordering session. Most photographers slap some photos up on a website and leave you with the daunting and sometimes very confusing task of choosing images. We will help you narrow down the images, and help you with your order! We will discuss cropping, retouching and creative enhancements. You’ll leave your viewing session with the absolute security that you know exactly what you’re getting and so much more! This viewing party and selection of images appointment can take up to two hours. Our number one priority regarding our images, is to uphold and maintain the superior quality and originality of them. We outsource all portraits to be ordered to a trusted national lab where prints are produced on the finest archival papers for quality and longevity.